Beware of Toner Pirates
Don’t be fooled by smooth talking toner pirates who are only looking to scam your business!
Similar to the notorious pirates of long ago, these villains are out to plunder your riches. Armed with a telephone and a bogus narrative, toner pirates call businesses and office personnel into thinking the call is coming from the company’s regular office products supplier. Then, they propose special sale prices.
But, what they are offering is no bargain at all. Instead, they try to coerce companies into accepting grossly overpriced supply shipments for toner or other office supplies.
As a trusted provider of business solutions and supplies, we want to make sure you know what to look for (and what to avoid) in a dependable solutions provider.
To Avoid Becoming a Victim of These Scams:
- BCOS does NOT charge for toner if you or your company have a service agreement on your copier
- Never commit to an order over the phone that you did not place
- Don’t trust suppliers who ask for your supply manager’s name or address
- Never use supplies that you didn’t order
- Check with your authorized supplies dealer before ordering anything
If you think you are being targeted by a scammer or toner pirate please give us a call!
BCOS Office Technologies